Grandma knows best. From baking to cleaning almost everything in the earlier days were done from scratch/materials around the home. Before boxed cake and dinner mixes were widely available, your grandma was most likely cooking up homemade meals from the garden and making cookies with fresh milk and eggs.
Your grandma was also most likely taught how to keep a clean home. In what I like to call the ‘simpler days’, before they had powerful chemical sprayers and detergents, a lot of easy and cost-effective, natural remedies were used around the modern household to keep everything safe and clean.
Read through this article and then take a look through your cupboards, you will be surprised at all the many cheaper, greener options sitting around! It’s not every day that a reputable maid service in Fort Collins shares such invaluable cleaning tricks.
How do I clean my home efficiently without using chemicals?
Grandma’s used to clean their and our homes in the olden days, without all the modern professional cleaning products that contain plenty of potentially harmful chemicals. So, if you want to give some areas of your home a thorough cleaning without resorting to chemical products, it’s best to follow these cleaning tips:
- Baking soda for pots and pans: Instead of spending your money on chemical degreasers, soak your burnt pots and pans in bicarbonate soda (baking soda) overnight. By morning, the stains should easily wash off.
- Solution for stinky boards: Stop soaking your stinky boards in bleach. Instead, rub half a lemon across the cutting board to dissolve any stinky smells. This trick works wonders and returns your cutting board to pristine state.
- Dishwasher rinse be gone: Never buy dishwasher rinse again! Instead of using chemical rinsing agents to achieve a spot-free clean on your dishes, get the same results with 1-1/2 cups of white vinegar. Simply add vinegar to the rinse compartment.
- Chemical-free method for your toilet: Clean your toilet without harsh chemicals, instead prep your toilet by flushing it to wet all sides of the bowl, then sprinkle borax around the toilet bowl with a drizzle of vinegar. let sit overnight.
- Soft & fluffy fabrics: Make your fabrics soft and fluffy by adding 1/4 cup baking soda to a filled washer BEFORE clothes are added. During the final rinse cycle, add 1/2 cup white vinegar into the softener dispenser.
- Salt for stains: Next time you catch yourself dripping mustard on your clothing or anything else that is known to stain, immediately douse your stain with salt before washing out the stain. The salt will absorb the liquid taking most of the stain with it. After clothing is dry simply wipe away the salt.
Which maid service in Fort Collins should I hire for a spotless home?
Keeping your home clean is very important, but keeping it healthy is vital for ensuring the wellbeing of you, your family, and your pets. That is why you should be familiar with some of the tried-and-tested chemical-free cleaning tricks that will allow your home to shine while keeping it harmless for its inhabitants. However, if you would like to make this job even easier, you can always hire a reputable cleaning company that uses natural cleaning products to get your home spotless.
Luckily, you can always rely on All Star Cleaning Services of Fort Collins for this task. We give all our clients the option to choose the type of cleaning products they would like their cleaners to use when cleaning their home. This ensures every house cleaning is performed per our client’s exact specifications. You can ask our cleaning professionals any question, and tell us what natural disinfectants you would like us to use. It makes no difference if you’re near the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery or at another location – we will be there. Call us today!