The overall task of cleaning windows can be at times overwhelming, especially the ones we like to keep open during the day.
The idea that window tracks need cleaning once or twice a year isn’t enough. If you clean your window tracks every few months you will most likely only need a dust cloth and a warm damp rag to wipe away dirt.
However, if you haven’t given your window tracks much attention this year you most likely will have tracks that will need a little more detail cleaning to get the results you desire.
Using these 3 steps provided below, you may find cleaning your window tracks is faster and easier than you thought! Here is how:
- If possible, remove screen before you start to clean
- Use a vacuum with a hose attachment to suck up all the dead bugs,dirt and get the hard to reach places (if you don’t have a vacuum with a hose attachment try dusting dirt out of hard to reach areas with an old tooth brush and use a warm damp cloth to pick up the grime)
- Use a soapy damp cloth to wipe away any remaining dirt
If you have window tracks that haven’t been cleaned in years, or are very caked with dirt, I suggest you do the following:
- Use a squirt bottle filled with 1 cup water, 1/4th cup vinegar and 1 tsp baking soda (or any other natural cleaner such as Seventh Generation all purpose spray)
- Spray corners and hard to reach areas and let sit for a few minutes, then scrub remaining grime with brush and wipe clean with damp cloth.