Dryer sheets not only keep our clothes static free, soft and smelling fresh, they are reusable afterwards for little cleaning chores around the house. Before you throw out your dryer sheets, try these:
- Pet hair removal: One of the best advantages dryer sheets have is that they have their anti-static properties after they’ve been used. Swipe them across cloth furniture, stuffed toys, lampshades etc… . Swipe them across your clothes to clean up any leftover hair!
- Freshen up the room when you Vacuum: Stick a used dryer sheet in the bag of your vacuum (or wherever air is released) the air flow goes through the dryer sheet making the room smell fresh.
- Bug Repellant: Mosquitoes apparently do not like dryer sheets! specifically Bounce. Rub used dryer sheets on exposed area then tie to a belt loop or stick in shirt pocket. Do not use a fresh dryer sheets on your skin.
- Remove soap scum: a few drops of water on the dryer sheet and you should be able to rub away soap scum on your glass shower doors and shower tiles. It even works well on plastic shower curtains!
- Clean your glasses!: use your leftover dryer sheet to keep your glasses clean and clear! the dryer sheet will also help repel dusts so your glasses stay clearer, longer!
- Pick up deodorant residue!: erase any evidence of deodorant on your little black dress! swipe a used dryer sheet across any white streaks
- Bathroom freshener: Place a used dryer sheet in your toilet papers cardboard tubing before placing it in it’s dispenser. Every-time the toilet paper rolls, the roll will spin out a burst a freshness!
- Clean up messes in the kitchen!: keep a dryer sheet at hand next time you are baking for any dry spills (flour, baking soda, corn starch etc)
- Dust off your TV: dryer sheets work great as a duster on glass tv screens! they also repel any future dust.
Start saving your dryer sheets and keep them near by to keep your house dust free and fresh!