The aloe vera plant contains more than 200 biologically active ingredients. It is full of vitamins and minerals. While consuming aloe has countless health and medical benefits, there are so many other reasons to keep aloe plants around.
Here are the top 5 reasons why we love aloe vera plants!
5. They are readily available. This is one plant that you don’t have to go to a specialty nursery to find. You can purchase aloe vera plants anywhere from supermarket chains to drugstores.
4. They are cheap! You can buy a large plant for under $5. Not only is it inexpensive to purchase the plant, one plant also multiplies rapidly, so you can end up with many baby plants very quickly. It’s like the octo-mom of the plant world!
3. They are so easy to grow! Aloe vera is an amazingly resilient plant. In other words, it thrives no matter what color thumb you have. You can clip it, forget to water it, leave it in the sun (or shade) and this awesome little guy just keeps on keepin’ on.
2. They are amazing natural healers. Aloe is an amazing addition to your medicine cabinet. Not only is it soothing for small cuts and burns; it also contains polysaccharides that reduce inflammation and stimulate skin regrowth. Aloe gel also contains properties that are harmful to fungi and certain types of bacteria.
1. They purify the air in your home! Aloe is one of many houseplants that can actually work as an air purifier to remove harmful airborne toxins such as benzene and formaldehyde. It also absorbs carbon dioxide and releases oxygen. (Now, that’s a breath of fresh air.)
Do you have an aloe vera plant at home? Why do you love it?