The process of moving house is never an easy one, due to the amount of work involved. Add hours of drudgery to the list, and it becomes impossible to complete everything on time. For this reason, many homeowners hire reliable move-out cleaning in Windsor, so they can leave their homes sparkling clean.
However, packing up your house and tidying up can be quite challenging because it’s easy to forget something when you’re stressed. In the following article, we’ll discuss some of the most common cleaning mistakes and the things you should do to prevent them. Let’s dive right in!
What are the common mistakes performed during the move out cleaning process?
Tackling your home before moving out seems like an easy task at first glance. In spite of this, there are still some pitfalls tenants and homeowners fall into when moving out. Ensure that your move runs smoothly by avoiding these usual cleaning mishaps.
- Putting off the cleaning process
Similarly to move-in cleaning tasks, scrubbing your home top-to-bottom is probably the last thing on your mind when you’re getting ready for a fresh start. Unfortunately, people often neglect this task until the last minute, resulting in a sloppy cleaning process, which may further result in a complaint from your landlord and a deduction from your deposit. If you’re postponing the cleaning, consider the possibility of making even more mistakes. .
- Disinfecting the bathroom improperly
Germs and bacteria thrive in bathrooms, which is why simply wiping the surfaces isn’t enough. Here are the areas that need to be disinfected:
- Toilet: Spray liquid cleaning solution, let it sit for a while, and then scrub it with a toilet brush.
- Sink: Apply disinfectant thoroughly inside and outside.
- Bathtub: For best results, use a product with micro-scrubbing particles.
- Tiles: Use an old toothbrush and chlorine bleach solutions to remove tile grout.
- Floors: Mop and polish the floors to perfection.
To ensure maximum safety, wear rubber gloves and a mask whenever you disinfect your home.
- Ignoring the kitchen appliances
As time goes by, especially if you are a passionate cook, your cooking space will be covered in grease, grime, and food particles. Don’t forget to give your appliances a good wipe down using environmentally friendly supplies.
- Kitchen cabinets: Take everything off the shelves and wipe them clean from top to bottom.
- Stovetop & oven: Use warm water to soak the grates and soften burnt stains. You can use a degreaser to clean the stovetop.
- Dishwasher: Rinse the filter in warm water, add one cup of white vinegar, and run the hot water cycle.
- Forgetting to tackle hard-to-reach areas
There are many cleaning items that are easily overlooked, especially air vents and filters since they’re both hidden and hard-to-reach areas of the house. Nevertheless, remember that they can get very dirty during your tenancy and that they can also contain a lot of bacteria. Using a vacuum or microfiber duster with an extended handle is the best way to clean these areas effectively.
Where can I book move-out cleaning experts in Windsor?
The ability to improve your quality of life is one of the best things about cleaning services. And when you’re relocating to another place, more time and extra help are always welcome. That’s why booking All Star Cleaning Services of Fort Collins makes sense. Whether you’re looking for proven move-in cleansing tips or you’re wondering what to do with pets when moving, we can help.
We specialize in move-in and move-out cleaning and know how to make your old home more appealing to buyers or help you retrieve your security deposit. To avoid stress and hours of scrubbing, spend a relaxing day at Fossil Creek Reservoir with your family and friends. Get in touch with us today!